Good morning from rather foggy and gloomy Copenhagen where it’s getting darker every morning…but our winterbathing (skinnydipping in the Danish sea, all year round) is keeping us revived and refreshed! It was rather breezy this morning…hold on to your hats!
As the weather turns much cooler and wetter, we’re returning to more warming dishes…here’s this week’s menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- wholemeal pasta with homemade tomato sauce (anchovies, garlic, onions, tinned tomatoes, a wee bit of sugar, herbs) and mini Swedish meatballs, lots of parmesan and a spinach salad
- hubby is out with a friend so I’ll be enjoying a night in with a readymeal from the freezer, woo hoo!
- I’m out to dinner with my New Zealand friend, Kathryn, so no cooking for me that night either, double woo hoo!
- quick-fried Mongolian beef with steamed rice and red pepper, spring onions
- pork chops with mashed baby potatoes and stirfried cabbage and carrots
- didn’t make the vegetable gyoza last week so will do them this week in a ramen style soup with a boiled egg on the top etc
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and I’ll be making a big batch of my easy peasy no-knead, just stir and mix bread rolls on Friday night, ready to bake Saturday morning! My YouTube video is below
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Hope you have a wonderful day and don’t forgot to leave the kitchen tidy when you leave it!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95