you once again for all your brilliant ideas! Here are FLYLADY ZONE 4 (master bedroom) ideas for Errand Day, self-care and gardening. I will add to the list as more ideas come in. Keep scrolling down, so much inspiration here!
DAY OR THINGS TO REPLACE/BUY
- tidy out a drawer in your night stand, adding pretty lining paper to make a comfort drawer for all things pertaining to sleep and relaxation eg chocolate/violet creams, hand cream, night rescue remedy, herbal sleeping tablets, notepad and pen, gratitude journal, eye mask, massage oil, lavender sleep balm, etc
- use a guided meditation, open the window, place an incense stick on the shelf and just be
- say/listen to positive affirmations before going to bed/while you are getting ready in the morning
- try a new sleep diffuser blend/spray, nighttime body lotion or light a candle when getting ready before bed, or while getting ready in the morning
- a foot pamper with socks for the night for extra hydration
- wash your eye mask or try a weighted one
- use gourmet handmade earth-friendly soaps and oils
- wear a piece of sentimental jewellery or an item which you only wear on special occasions…every day is the special occasion!
- make a cover for a clothes hanger adding a brooch that you love but may not wear as a way to still enjoy it
- use a perfume/lotion which you have been keeping for a special occasion…every day is the special occasion!
- play with the items in your wardrobe and make new outfit combinations and wear them this week
- once you’ve completed some zone work (decluttering or cleaning), sit on the bed/chair and read for fifteen minutes
- make sure you are getting enough sleep, start your evening routine a little earlier
- switch off your phone and read a magazine or a couple of chapters of a book before you sleep
- put a fresh flower or plant on your night table or dresser
- “redecorate” the room with items borrowed from other places in the house (vase, candlestick, throw pillows, soft rug, lamp)
- apply hand/foot lotion in the morning or evening
- enjoy your favourite drink/coffee in bed in the morning
a magazine or chapter of a book. Read an e-book from the library.
to some new music while you are getting ready for the day. Add new music to
your pamper playlist.
self-massage with lotion, feet and shoulders. Apply lotion to knees and elbows
for some extra care. Head massage.
time to sit and “just be”.
- take time to sit and enjoy your clean, orderly bedroom!
- use a basket to keep your pyjamas, slippers, hand cream, magazine, spectacles and other items together
in your journal or read your prayer journal
- spritz the bedding with linen spray or essential oils before you make the bed in the morning and enjoy the scent/a relaxing sleep at night
- keep hand, foot and lip cream/balm in your bedside table and apply them as a bedtime ritual
- play “white noise” or ocean sounds to promote sleep, or check out Binaural Beats for Deep Sleep
- keep a tiny fan or water spray on your nightstand for hot flashes/humid weather
a small manicure kit and some essential oils (calming or energizing) by your bed handy and use them when you have 5 minutes during your day, or before bed.
love the idea that every day is special. I used to save everything until it
would go bad… now I use my wonderful oils on my face and neck before bed. I
also love burning lavender incense at night to relax.”
- change your body gel, lotion, and body spray sets to a new or seasonal scent (eg. change
from musk to citrus for spring and coconut for summer).
- edge the borders of the lawn (I use a trimmer or weed burner)
- remove weeds from flower beds
- deadhead flowers in the beds
- remove weeds from the vegetable plots
- stake floppy plants in flower beds
- feed the bulbs that are finished
- cut lawn edges of beds
- sow some annual seeds to go into the gaps in the beds
- sow bi-annual seeds in trays to put out in early autumn
- sweep paths
- remember to put your tools “to bed” when you have finished using them
- put up a hammock or swing chair for a relaxing moment in the garden