It’s getting colder here in Copenhagen and we are turning to heavier foods to keep us warm! Did I also mention that the days are getting shorter? Dark by 4pm in the afternoon and light again around 7.45am… I like to eat my breakfast by candlelight – gives me a gentle start to a dark day. Without further ado, here’s what’s on the menu this week at Casa Copenhagen…
- teriyaki/sesame baked salmon with sugarsnap peas and rice (I make the rice in my ricecooker and steam the peas on top)
- “luxury duck hash” – I fry up cubes of potato, sliced onions and leek (or a mix of root vegetables) and add in a jar of French rillettes de canard (potted duck), a bit of salad on the side
- chicken parmesan with pasta
- nasi goreng (fried rice with vegetables)
- my husband will be cooking lasagne for us, yum! Served with a mixed salad (was on last week’s menu plan but we ended up using some leftovers from the freezer instead)
- Danish flæskesteg (roast pork) with potatoes, carrots and creamy gravy
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Sweetie!
LLAP! May the Danish hygge be with you! Hugs!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95