Decided to make Thursday the day I plan my meals. Mainly because I love the security blanket of having the weekend food planned in advance. I order my groceries online for delivery Wednesday or Thursday so, if I get my act together, I can avoid any last minute shopping on Saturday.
I’m still keeping things simple due to the kitchen remodel (check in here on Mondays for updates) – and we’re still eating our way through the contents of the old freezer 😉
- Leftover crock lasagne, rice pudding made in the ricecooker for dessert
Friday (have an early evening Scout party)
- had originally planned to make quiche, but will probably do Danish meatball soup with hot rolls instead. No dessert tonight because DKs get their weekly ration of sweets while watching Disney Show (Danish Friday tradition)
Saturday (friend of DS9 coming to stay overnight)
- takeway from the local pizzeria, Ben & Jerry’s Phishfood for dessert OR might make “Chocolate Marshmallow Pie” with the DKs 😉
- Lamb steaks with creamy, garlic oyster mushrooms, flash-fried Danish ‘pointy’ cabbage and bulgurwheat done in the ricecooker
- Roast chicken legs, baked potato wedges (all in same pan), sugarsnap peas
Tuesday (Scout night for both DKs at different times…)
- Danish biksemad which is basically cubed fried potatoes and meat topped with a fried egg and served with small cubes of beetroot, ketchup and HP sauce – the DKs love this, me too 🙂
- Hot pitabread pockets with ham, fresh veggies on the side
- Danish meatloaf done in the crockpot, baby peas, boiled potatoes and lots of lovely sauce/gravy – yum!