How’s the month of June for you? For me it’s as busy as December with end-of-term celebrations, graduation parties and my birthday: so much going on! If you’re in the same boat, make sure to stock up on ready-meals and items for the freezer. When your energy is low, you don’t have much time or plans change at the last minute, you can still feed yourself/the family without resorting to takeaway! For example, my Coronation Chicken (a dish created for Queen Elizabeth II coronation in 1953), can be on the table in 5 minutes (see my YouTube video later in the post). Without further ado, here’s the menu at Casa Copenhagen this week!
- spaghetti carbonara (great standby dish: pasta, eggs, parmesan, cream, bacon)
- smoked salmon with new baby potatoes and a mixed salad
- hubby will be making a classic lasagne when my daughter comes to visit
- Croque Madame (a toasted cheese and ham sandwich topped with a fried egg, see photos above) with a side salad
- fried pork sausages with grated carrot/cashew nut salad and readymade potato salad
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see my Instant Pot recipe here) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and as I mentioned above, Coronation Chicken, a recipe to mark Queen Elizabeth’s Coronation in 1953 (history of the dish is here). I keep bags of cooked shredded/diced chicken in the freezer and remove a bag in the morning, ready to make dinner in under 5 minutes in the evening…
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop. And don’t let anyone leave the kitchen after dinner until everything is cleared up and put away…
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my full recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95
Want help building daily routines which will simplify your life? See my Flylady Refresher Course!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane