Here’s the menu at Casa Copenhagen this week! If you haven’t menu planned before: K.I.S.S. Keep it simple, Sweetie! I stick to trusted family favourites plus one “new” recipe. (No particular day assigned to our meals, we leave it flexible.)
- Spanish tortilla (potato omelet – a Basque friend taught me how to make this over 25 years ago) plus some chorizo sausage/Manchego cheese to nibble on (here’s a similar recipe)
- a traditional Danish dish – stegt flæsk med persillesovs – fried strips of pork belly served with parsley sauce, baby potatoes and carrots
- homemade quiche – the filling will be goat’s cheese and celery because I’ve got celery left over from last week’s Jambalaya (quiche is inspired by this Swedish recipe)
- our DD20 (dear daughter, aged 20) is here for a couple of days and I’m making one of her favourites, chicken parmesan in a tomato sauce with tagliatelle this recipe is very similar to what I make
- I’ve got some leftover slices of roast beef in the freezer and will serve it with oven-baked ratatouille. Oven-roasting the veggies really brings out the flavour: I prefer it to stove-cooked versions which can be soggy. Chop courgettte, aubergine, tomatoes, onion, red peppers, a little garlic and basil. Salt and pepper. Toss in olive oil and roast in a hot oven for about 30 minutes or until the veggies are soft. Taste great cold too!
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see my Instant Pot recipe here) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and a Danish classic, boller i karry! Which is basically meatballs in a mild curry and apple sauce. On the table in 15 minutes. Photos above and recipe below!
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop. And don’t let anyone leave the kitchen after dinner until everything is cleared up and put away…
Need more menu planning inspiration? I have lots of easy recipes and crafts. Many of them only take a few minutes, and the kids can help too! See my full recipes and crafts playlist here… https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95
Want help building daily routines which will simplify your life? See my Flylady Refresher Course!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane