Happy Tuesday from Copenhagen! Flylady Focus is Plan and Play and I’m spending 10-15 minutes on “desk work”. (I explain what I do on the different days of the Flylady Daily Focus in this video.) Remember some “play” for yourself – if you don’t plan it, it won’t happen! Arrange to meet with a friend for a walk, organise a lunch family, look into next summer’s vacation… But back to menu planning, here’s the menu at Casa Copenhagen this week!
- Indian Butter Chicken, Murgh Makhani, with basmati rice, one of our weeknight favourites (I use the recipe from this blog and double the spices as we like some oomph!)
- leftover homemade quiche from the freezer with a mixed salad and pickled beetroot (on a night when hubby is out)
- all-in-one-Instant-pot chorizo pasta or all-in-one-Instant-pot spaghetti bolognese (I love leaving the Instant Pot to take care of things while I go do something else plus there is less washing up!)
- salade nicoise (tuna, olives, anchovies, boiled eggs, etc) we usually add new potatoes to ours to bulk it out (BBC Good Food has a great basic recipe)
- chicken pastry parcels (straight from the freezer section of the supermarket) with new potatoes and carrots
- steak with béarnaise sauce, homemade fries and a tomato/onion salad
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see my Instant Pot recipe here) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and finally…my hubby’s signature dish, Creamy Baked Salmon. Utterly delicious, so easy and only 4 ingredients! (Now that we are Empty Nesters, I use a smaller piece of salmon and halve the ingredients/use a smaller oven dish.)
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop.
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my full recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95
Want help building daily routines which will simplify your life? See my Flylady Refresher Course!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane