Here we go again, a bit of Tuesday planning to stop the stress! Summer is here and if you saw my Summer Thrive or Survive video, you’ll know that I keep our meals super simple at this time of year. Make sure to stock up on ready-meals and freezer items. When it’s too hot to cook or your plans change at the last minute, it’s nice to have food on hand instead of buying takeout! Here’s the menu at Casa Copenhagen this week! (There is no particular day assigned to our meals, we leave it flexible.)
- homemade beef burgers with homemade potato wedges (sweet potato wedges for me)
- smoked salmon with cold potato salad and a tomato/red onion/garden chives salad
- one night I will be out to dinner and a concert with hubby, woo hoo!
- a quick stir fry of Mongolian Beef (this recipe is similar to one we use) with rice made in my beloved rice cooked and steamed broccoli (steamed on top of the rice)
- vegetarian (using black lentils I have in the store cupboard) “Shepherd’s Pie” (will be trying this recipe from the BBC Good Food website)
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see my Instant Pot recipe here) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and an easy peasy very tasty supper dish which always gets rave reviews on my YouTube channel = Thai Prawns! A recipe handed down to me from my Dearly-Departed-Danish-Mother-in-Law…
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop. And don’t let anyone leave the kitchen after dinner until everything is cleared up and put away…
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my full recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95
Want help building daily routines which will simplify your life? See my Flylady Refresher Course!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane