Happy Tuesday! Time to menu plan…the easiest way to cut out the stress come dinner time! Plus it saves us money and stops food waste. What more could you want? Not sure where to start? Sit down with a cup of tea or glass of cold water and jot down a few ideas – what are the meals you can make with your eyes closed, family favourites, a frittata or soup to use up what you already have in the fridge. Need inspiration? Pick a different theme for each night: Italian, Korean, TexMex, Indian… Or: pasta, vegetarian, straight-from-the-freezer, barbecue, soup/sandwich. Here’s the menu at Casa Copenhagen this week! (There is no particular day assigned to our meals, we leave it flexible.)
- crockpot pizza (will probably do a combo of pepperoni and green pepper)
- pasta with salsiccia sausage, cream, mushrooms and cranberries
- Danish frikadeller (meat patties) with potato/leek terrines (both straight from the freezer) with warm red pickled cabbage (from a jar)
- Thai Larb (we usually use a recipe from one of our favourite cookbooks, Jennifer Joyce, “My Asian Kitchen” and substitute fresh mango for pineapple)
- I have a packet mix of quiche base to use up so will probably do a simple mustard/tomato tart and serve it with salad and parma ham
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see my Instant Pot recipe here) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and an old favourite, super simple and very tasty: a twist on Shepherd’s Pie!
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop. And don’t let anyone leave the kitchen after dinner until everything is cleared up and put away…
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my full recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95
Want help building daily routines which will simplify your life? See my Flylady Refresher Course!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
1 thought on “What’s for dinner? Menu plan – 9 August 2022”
[…] the late summer heat while it lasts! In other news, it’s Tuesday and time to menu plan (see last week’s post for tips). Here’s the menu at Casa Copenhagen this week! (There is no particular day assigned […]
Comments are closed.