Autumn is definitely making its mark with chilly mornings and cobwebs everywhere, eek! Plus the nights are drawing in…so our menu this week is definitely heading towards “comfort food”! If you haven’t menu planned before: K.I.S.S. Keep it simple, Sweetie! I stick to trusted family favourites plus one “new” recipe. (No particular day assigned to our meals, we leave it flexible.) Here’s the menu at Casa Copenhagen this week!
- an old Delia Smith recipe which I’ve never tried before, Paprika Chicken! (Recipe link here) will serve with noodles
- beef steak with Bulgogi dipping sauce (good basic recipe here), salad and rice
- Danish medister sausage with potatoes, pickled red cabbage and mushrooms
- the new Jambalaya recipe I tested a couple of weeks ago was really good so we’re having it again! (Here’s the recipe link)
- spicy chops with creamy spinach and rösti potatoes
- Massaman curry – a firm favourite, takes 5 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to cook! (Mae Ploy have a cute video on YouTube with instructions) this time we’re making it with potatoes and prawns
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see my Instant Pot recipe here) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and if you want something a little fancier, or a dish for dinner guests, I can highly recommend my hubby’s signature dish…creamy baked salmon. Just four ingredients! If you don’t believe me, read the rave reviews on YouTube!
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop. And don’t let anyone leave the kitchen after dinner until everything is cleared up and put away…
Need more menu planning inspiration? I have lots of easy recipes and crafts. Many of them only take a few minutes, and the kids can help too! See my full recipes and crafts playlist here… https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95
Want help building daily routines which will simplify your life? See my Flylady Refresher Course!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane