What’s for dinner? A question which used to cause me so much stress…scrambling at the last minute to find something to cook or resorting to takeaway. Enter Flylady menu planning to save the day…and reduce the stress and amount we spend on food! LOL! Happy Tuesday from Copenhagen where I’m spending 10/15 minutes on some “desk work”, including a rough menu plan for the week ahead! (I explain the Flylady Daily Focus in this video.) Here’s what we’re eating this week at Casa Copenhagen!
- beef burgers with slow-cooked onions, warm red cabbage and new potatoes
- Pad Thai (our son is visiting again this week and is a great chef!) using this recipe by Jennifer Joyce (we love her My Asian Cookbook)
- didn’t make Greek Moussaka last week due to a last-minute change of plans so it’s back on the menu (I’m using a shortcut Danish recipe moussaka)
- biksemad – Danish hash – which has starred many a time here on the menu plan. Cubed, fried meat, onions and potatoes, which you buy in bags from the supermarket freezer section. Topped with a fried egg or two and cold, pickled beetroot. Ketchup or brown sauce on the side – your choice!
- gnocchi (a great last-minute standby to have in your store cupboard) with chorizo, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, tomato sauce, thyme and topped with lots of fresh mozzarella
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see my Instant Pot recipe here) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and finally…boller i karry, a Danish classic, very popular with kids!
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop.
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my full recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95
Want help with your Flylady Routines? See my Flylady Refresher Course!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane