you once again for all your brilliant ideas! Here are the inspiration lists for FLYLADY ZONE 3
(bathroom plus one other room) with ideas for Errand Day, self-care and gardening. I will add to the list as more ideas come in!
- Toothpaste, toothbrush heads
- Toilet paper
vitamins and minerals
supplies, nappies/diapers, lotion
products, shaving items
- Cleaning supplies
Here’s my “self-preservation” bingo card for this week. You can click the photo, save and print. Or if you’d like to customise, here’s a link
- Diffuse some essential oils, candle.
- Try a soothing hydrating face mask (oats, natural yoghurt, honey) or a gorgeous body scrub (sugar, olive oil, orange essential oil). Use what you have in the kitchen. The scrub is also really good for gardeners hands if you add a little liquid soap as well.
- Condition your hair and let it dry in the sun. Deep condition hair (steam/protein treatment).
- Put a fresh flower or plant in the bathroom.
- Have a bubble bath or pamper shower. Use bubble bath or a few drops of a luxurious oil. Play some music in the background, light a candle, drink a glass of your favourite tipple.
- Keep some hand lotion by the sink.
- Have a “mini spa day”: facial, mask and hands, enjoy your favourite drink.
- Epsom salts (ginger and clay) soak for pamper.
- A foot bath (or electric foot spa) and foot cream, finish by putting on a pair of fluffy socks and relax.
- Read a magazine or chapter of a book. Read an e-book from the library.
- Do some colouring (online or printed colouring pages).
- Pedicure and manicure , try out some nail art.
- Listen to some new music while you are getting ready for the day. Add new music to your pamper playlist.
- Use a lip exfoliator to get rid of dry skin, apply a nice lip balm to make them really soft ready for summer.
- Body self-massage with lotion, feet and shoulders. Apply lotion to knees and elbows for some extra care. Head massage.
- Take time to sit and “just be”.
- Write in your journal or read your prayer journal
- Keep a small manicure kit and some essential oils handy and use them when having a bubble bath or pamper shower. The essential oils can be calming or energizing.
- Before showering, place a drop or two (not too much, especially if one suffers with respiratory ailments) of Eucalyptus essential oil on the floor or wall of the
- shower – the room will smell like a spa.
- Put coconut oil around the fingernails & back of hands.
- “I keep a solid rectangle bin that both my feet will fit in under my bathroom sink. I have it filled with some Epsom salt, 2 cans of beans, a foot scrubber, and a towel. I pull it out and fill with hot water , some good smelling soap, and some Epsom salt. I soak my feet for 10 – 15 minutes and then scrub them. I then pat them dry and roll the cans under my feet for a good massage.”
- “I love the idea that every day is special. I used to save everything until it would go bad… now I use my wonderful oils on my face and neck before bed. I also love burning lavender incense at night to relax.”
- Rotate my body gel, lotion, and body spray sets to a new or seasonal scent (eg. change from musk to citrus for spring and coconut for summer).
your gardening gloves.
the lawnmower, garden tools, lanterns, patio set.
up hoses for vegetable garden.
water features, hoses, attachments, water toys.
out ponds or fish ponds.
getting a water butt/rainwater collector.
grass and hanging baskets.
the garden cushions/rugs.
up a swing or hammock. Or make yourself a comfy “reading spot”.
a walk in your neighbourhood admiring all the flowers in the front yards.
the bird feeder and fill up.
the bird bath and fill with fresh water.
outside windows or shed windows/greenhouse windows.
gardening by the lunar calendar.
washing or clean the pavement/sidewalks, patio, porch or deck.