Happy Tuesday! It’s Flylady “plan and play” day – time to pay bills (most of ours are set up for automatic payment), plan for some “play” with friends and family, check what’s ahead in the diary. A little bit of planning saves a lot of stress! And, of course, we can plan our menus. Here’s what we’re eating this week at Casa Copenhagen!
- Swedish cheese pie Västerbottenpaj (I buy from a Swedish supermarket and keep them in the freezer) served warm with smoked salmon, tomatoes, crème fraîche and chopped red onion. The Swedish Västerbotten cheese is quite similar in flavour to parmesan (you can read about the cheese here)
- fresh tortellini with pesto, bacon and broccoli
- pork sausages with readymade potato salad from the supermarket and a homemade grated carrot/peanut/parsley salad
- butter roasted Thai chicken (mix equal parts butter/red Thai curry paste and smear over chicken and bake) with a mixed salad and baby potatoes
- some of my weekly “basics” are my homemade overnight rolls and our Danish fruit salad with chocolate!
- minced beef Bulgogi with rice (there is a simple recipe here)
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see my Instant Pot recipe here) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and finally, an old favourite, my “twist” on Shepherd’s Pie – so easy and tasty! See my video below….
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my full recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop. Remember what I said above…when you’re planning your menu this week to plan a little bit of fun for yourself and your family! We all need something to look forward to! (I explain the Daily Focus in this video.)
Want help with your Flylady Routines? See my Flylady Refresher Course!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane