This morning I said goodbye to my ‘old’ Siemens oven. ‘Old’ as in six month’s old. The oven which we got in November 2009 as part of our brand new kitchen. (You can read all about our 3 month remodel if you feel so inclined. I wrote blog posts about it every Monday in September, October and November 2009. The Flylady got me through it!). But, alas and alack, the huge Siemens oven (90cm or 3ft wide) turned out to have a faulty door that wouldn’t close…unless you used a very carefully placed (Ikea) mop.
The replacement oven arrived this morning and, as we speak, I’ve got it firing on all thrusts (Scotty, eat your heart out!), in order to get rid of the ‘brand new oven’ smell so it’s ready for use tonight…
And what is for dinner? Let’s not hang around any longer 😉
- Quiche (made with real, chunky bacon and red pepper). I use a shortcut recipe from recipezaar.com called Blender Quiche. Salad and beetroot to go with it. I always love beetroot and quiche together, probably because that’s how we had it when I was a child 🙂
- Danish family (2 adults, 2 kids) are coming to stay. Will be serving up my old standby…Chicken Parmesan. Chicken filets, breaded and fried. Put on top of tomato sauce, sprinkle with cheese, into a hot oven for about 30 minutes. Done and dusted! Will serve with tagliatelle pasta and a big green salad. Dessert will be chocolates, biscuits and my sweetie tweetie friend Krista’s twitter-famous brownies 😉 Her recipe is here. Try them!!!
- Tortilla wraps made with leftover chicken from yesterday. And if we’re lucky enough to have any leftover brownies, we shall eat them with vanilla icecream for dessert…
- Homemade pepperoni pizza. Veggie sticks for munching on. Koldskål for dessert (you can read about it in last week’s menu post, see under Tuesday.)
- I love, love, love doing a crock dinner on Mondays. Today it’ll be Crockpot Lasagne. It always lasts us two days. Krista has (again!!!) a great recipe for it on her blog.
- Scout night for the kids, at different times. Leftover crockpot lasagne! 😉
- I’m out to a parents’ night at school, so dinner will be quick n’easy. Danish meatballs (from the freezer), rice made in my ricecooker and steamed veggies.
Have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! 🙂
2 thoughts on “Menu planning Thursday – 8 April 2010”
Glad to hear you will no longer need the mop on door duty though you might miss the cardio workout from skipping over it every time you are in the kitchen:)
You were right about our humour. I'm a fan of Eddie also but hadn't seen the Cantina sketch until today. Thanks for the suggestion.
Tee hee, Jen, I got sucked into youtube yesterday and spent way too long looking at stuff. Must use my Flylady timer next time! ;D
Comments are closed.