Happy Tuesday from Copenhagen! We have another statutory public holiday coming up here on Friday – Danish Stor Bededag (Great Prayer Day), so that means we will be eating traditional hveder (soft, white rolls) along with a hot cuppa tea on Thursday night. I’ve written about that tradition here on the blog before. But back to today, Tuesday, which is “Plan and Play” time in Flylady Land. The day I check my calendar to see what’s coming up, pay bills, and plan our menu. Check what you have in your cupboards, fridge and freezer, look at your calendar and sit down for 10 minutes and jot down a few ideas – a little planning goes a long way! Here’s this week’s menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- tortellini (I buy the fresh stuff but often keep it in the freezer as a standby because it only takes a few minutes extra of cooking time from frozen) with feta and asparagus
- my twist on Shepherd’s Pie (my YouTube video is here)
- apricot beef stew made in my Instant Pot using (a variation on my Mum’s Beef Stew, my video is here)
- veggie/bean chili made in my Instant Pot on the slow cooker function
- Danish tarteletter (pastry tart cases) filled with creamy chicken and peas and served with baby potatoes and carrots
- a family favourite, bibimbap (the recipe we use is here)
- and at the weekend my daughter might make us lasagne with a side salad
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings), or we might get a takeaway
- I’m also making up a batch of chocolate fudge for a special moonlight swim I am doing with my Bluetits Chillswimmers group! Pink moon right now, so I will make the fudge and top it with crushed pink almonds. Here’s the recipe…so simple with just a couple of ingredients!
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! And don’t forget to clean up as you go along, and “close” the kitchen when you have finished eating dinner.
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95