I’ve really been struggling to plan my menus these last weeks – my inspiration seems to have gone AWOL! Halp!
But this morning I had a bit of an ‘Aha!’ moment. You see, I have over 40 weeks worth of menu plans right here on the blog! Duh! I can go back and have a look at what we were eating last autumn and either copy the menu lock, stock and (beer) barrel or I can do a pick n’ mix.
Anyway, this is the menu I’ve already planned for this week. Once I get it typed up here on the blog, I’m off to look through my dusty archives!
In no particular order…
- Minced beef tacos with salsa, creme fraîche and a green salad
- Toad in the Hole – click here for my blogpost on that strange, British delicacy – with lots of veggie sticks (on the day DH isn’t home for dinner)
- Crockpot goulash with ricecooker rice (on the day we have swimming in the afternoon)
- Oven egg and chips (which DS10 0didn’t make last week as planned)
- Madder, which is Danish smørrebrød or open sandwiches, which the kids can make themselves (on the day I’m off at a parents meeting at school from 5 to 8pm)
- A real treat for Saturday’s dessert, chocolate fondue with fruit and marshmallows!
- And last, but not least, there will no doubt be a pasta night using up any leftovers or veggies that I have hanging around in the fridge…
Have a terrific Tuesday! 🙂