Do you menu plan? I don’t always love to do it, but I do love when it’s done! Saves me money, time, stress…and stops food waste! Here’s our menu at Casa Copenhagen this week!
- Oven-baked ratatouille with garlic lemon chicken fillets. Oven-roasting the veggies really brings out the flavour in the ratatouille: I prefer it to stove-cooked versions which can get very soggy. Simply chop up courgettte, aubergine, tomatoes, onion, red peppers, a little garlic and basil. Salt and pepper. Toss in olive oil and roast in a hot oven for about 30 minutes or until the veggies are soft. Taste great cold too!
- panbiff (Swedish meat patties which I buy straight from the delicatessen section of the supermarket) with lots of fried onions, warm pickled red cabbage (from a jar) and potatoes
- hubby will be fending for himself one night when I’m out to an evening cookery course with the ladies from my International Club – I’m hoping to pick up a few tips and new recipes, woo hoo!
- spaghetti bolognese made in the Instant Pot (Everything is cooked at the same time, you switch on the pot and walk away – simple! A brilliant way to cook a meal for two. Will make a video on it soon.)
- A simple supper of Suppe (Danish meatball, dumpling and carrot soup) with my speedy homemade bread rolls (my video recipe for those is here)
- beef steaks with béarnaise sauce (I have some in the freezer), French fries (sweet potato fries for me, my favourite!) and a mixed salad
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see above) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and I think we might be making some Danish fruit salad this week…here it’s called abemad (“Monkey Food”) and contains chocolate!
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop. And remember when you’re planning your menu this week to plan a little bit of fun for yourself and your family! We all need something to look forward to! Want help with your Flylady Routines? See my Flylady Refresher Course!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95