Happy ‘Little Friday’! Weather is sunny (at least for the next 10 minutes), I was out ‘lawnmothering’ earlier and there’s no other way to put it off…it’s time to sit down and menu plan – eek!
Lawn is looking lovely but I’m not going to
show you the weeds in the flower beds ;D
* Krebinetter (Danish pork patties) with jasmine rice made in (beloved) ricecooker, green salad
* Lamb steaks baked in the oven with green beans/garlic/honey and leftover jasmine rice
|DD8 slathering mustard and brown sugar on to the lamb steaks|
* “Fish n’ chips” – salmon steaks (I add a ‘crust’ of breadcrumbs/seasoning/herbs) and oven chips
* Takeaway sushi for DS11 and I on the night that DD8 and DH are out – yippeeeeee! 😀
* Confit de canard (duck confit – from a tin all the way from La France) with baby potatoes and a salad of red cabbage/carrot (see Tuesday’s post about red cabbage/being all grown up)
|DS11’s favourite food is sushi but confit de canard comes high on the list too 🙂|
* Chicken, sweet potato and coconut curry (from BBC Good Food website) – which I’ll make in my crockpot. We recently made our own naan bread (another BBC recipe) – which was a huge success – so will no doubt make some to go with the curry…
* Leftover night this week will probably be a frittata (there are lots of eggs to use up) with veggies from the fridge that have seen better days…
That’s it – bon appétit!
Have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! 🙂
2 thoughts on “Menu plan – Thursday 26 May 2011”
Can't wait to try the naan! Perfect for the summer for when I want fresh bread but don't want to heat the kitchen with the oven 😀
Oooo, you must try it – ever so easy! I made the dough in my breadmachine (I'm such a slacker). It's very sticky when it's ready, so make sure you have *lots* of flour ready. And plenty of water and towels… 😛
Comments are closed.