Good morning from slightly sunny Copenhagen where I’ve just been for my usual skinny dip seaswim and breakfast with my Besties (today I had raw porridge oats with chia seeds, raisins and cold milk)!
It’s Tuesday which is Plan and Play Day in Flylady Land so, as usual, I’m planning this week’s menu. Saves money, saves time and, most importantly, it saves a lot of stress! What’s for dinner at Casa Copenhagen? Quite a few of our simple, family favourite dishes plus we’ll be trying out an Instant Pot recipe which gets great reviews on the Instant Pot UK Facebook group – let’s see how it goes!
If I don’t specify otherwise, we usually have a salad or a platter of raw fresh vegetables (cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, cauliflower florets, etc) on the side.
- Burritos (I have some leftover burrito filling in the freezer) with salad, crème fraîche, cheddar, salsa, etc
- My “twist” on Shepherd’s Pie – so easy and tasty! https://youtu.be/b3Eext3iq54
- Salade Nicoise with croutons (using up old bread)
- IKEA Swedish meatballs with gravy (I have some leftover homemade gravy in the freezer), baby potatoes and warm red pickled cabbage.
- Instant Pot Thai Larb from the Feisty Tapas blog. We often make Thai Larb salad from Jennifer Joyce’s book “My Asian Kitchen” so I’m really curious to see how the hot version of Thai Larb measures up. Here’s the recipe we’ll be using https://www.feistytapas.com/2018/02/instant-pot-thai-pork-larb-recipe-thai/
- Teriyaki chicken salad with fresh orange
- One day of the week is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need used up, or Danish smørrebrød (ryebread open sandwiches with various toppings)
Whatever you’re planning for dinner, remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Sweetie! Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95