Do you menu plan? It may be a pesky task but, honestly, I love not having that stressed out feeling at 4.30pm every day. I also love being able to order my groceries online. We order once a week – for the whole week – and have saved tons of money because I only order what is on the menu plan (plus breakfast and lunch items). No more impulse buys… ;D
* Frozen pizza and veggie sticks. Not something you’ll usually see on my menu but DD9 and I were both ill at the weekend. Hooray for well stocked freezers! ;D
* Pork chops with sweet and sour sauce, carrots, beansprouts and noodles (a recipe I was ‘decluttering’ for my little red file blog)
* Danish open sandwiches, i.e. ryebread topped with liver pâté, mackrel in tomato sauce, hard-boiled egg etc (I have a parents’ meeting at school from 5-7pm, so the kids are fending for themselves)
* frikadeller (Danish meatballs) with hot red cabbage and bulgur wheat cooked in my (beloved) ricecooker
* Sonja’s Leek Tart (another recipe I’ve been ‘decluttering’ for my little red file blog) with a green salad and pickled beetroot
|I just finished off the last slice this morning with a cup of tea – yum!|
* chicken nacho grills (a very easy dish from the BBC food website which the kids can make all by themselves) with all the trimmings…guacamole, salsa and crème fraîche
* 5-course dinner in a restaurant…woo hoo! 😀
Bon appétit! Hope you have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! 🙂
1 thought on “Menu plan – Thursday 22 September 2011”
I have learned over the past year to only buy certain fresh veggies and meat at the grocery store when they are on sale and then make a meal around them. I used to make a meal and spend whatever on the items cause that was what I wanted for dinner that night. It keeps me on my toes figuring out what to make for dinner, but I like that!
Comments are closed.