School’s. Out. For.Summer! Well, it will be, twenty-four hours from now 😉 Add to that, Denmark are playing Japan tonight (and, fingers crossed, going to qualify for the next round of the World Cup!).
Tag on the fact that it’s my birthday tomorrow.
And, for good measure, the kids have summer camp activities (badminton and ‘spy school’) a couple of days next week. So you’ll forgive me if this week’s menuplan is not at all typical of our usual Danish fare! 😉 Here, in no particular order, are the dishes that may (or may not…) make it to our Danish kitchen table:
* Something with minced chicken – will search RecipeZaar for inspiration 🙂
* ‘Hot’ salad of fried potatoes, chunks of real bacon, croutons, boiled egg quarters, cucumber, tomato and lots of crunchy salad leaves.
* Spaghetti bolognese made in the crockpot. I’ve a bag of already-browned’ mince in the freezer, I’ll just add a jar of pasta sauce (I always use the Dolmio brand with extra veggies) and we’re done 🙂
* ‘Breakfast for dinner’ – rolls, omelet, bacon, waffles with maple syrup
* Quorn Parmesan (a variation on Parmesan Chicken, made using quorn fillets – a protein-rich vegetarian alternative to meat) served on top of jasmine rice.
* Toad in the Hole (yes, again!), my how-to-make instructions are here
* Leftover night 😉
Have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! 🙂