Another cold, dark, dreich week here in Copenhagen and we are all dragging our feet. Luckily we have the thought of Advent Sunday and the first of December to pull us through…and comfort food on the dinner table! Keeping it very simple this week before we launch into festive food. So here’s what’s on the menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- freezer ready meal (chicken pastry parcels) with sweetcorn, carrots and potatoes
- “luxury duck hash” – I fry up cubes of potato, sliced onions and leek (or a mix of root vegetables) and add in a jar of French rillettes de canard (potted duck), a bit of salad on the side – (this was on last week’s menu but got scrubbed when our son came to visit)
- spaghetti carbonara with garlic bread and salad
- red Thai chicken with green beans and bulgur
- homemade burgers on homemade burger buns with potato wedges and salad
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
- Swedish Sausage Stew (svensk pølsegryde) – great comfort food which I can make with my eyes closed – my YouTube video showing how I make it is below
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Sweetie!
LLAP! May the Danish hygge be with you! Hugs!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95