DS10 is away at school camp…
…which means that
DD8 gets to choose the menu while he’s away (and sleep in his room)
we’ll have DS10’s favourite food when he’s back 😉
The menu this week is still fairly heavy because the spring weather is keeping us guessing. Yesterday we had hail, sleet and snow. Here’s a picture of the hail in our garden. The stone underneath the bench reads “Vi er i haven” (We’re in the garden). Hmm, fat chance visitors to the house will find us out there any time soon 😉 But, as usual, I digress!
So without further ado, here’s the men-u!
- Fish fingers from a box [cringe], at DD8’s special request. We normally make our own ‘fingers’ from real fish – which she loves – but she thinks the boxed ones are exotic as we’ve only had them three or four times! DH and I are having salmon wrapped in puff pastry. Also from a box… Will serve with spinach salad and brown rice (from the ricecooker) for a healthier meal 🙂
- Homemade pizza made with spelt flour. I usually make the dough by hand but might try it out in my new breadmachine! 🙂
- Stegt Flæsk med Persillesovs. Which is Danish for thin slices of belly pork grilled within an inch of their lives until crisp, fresh parsley sauce, baby potatoes. And probably steamed carrots (done in the ricecooker, on top of the potatoes).
- Wholemeal pasta with real, chunky bacon bits and sweet green beans (which will be a rework of Jenny Wrens green beans with bacon and brown sugar recipe).
- I love to use my crockpot on Mondays because, after going out for a 5k run in the morning followed by my Flylady 1 hour weekly clean (take a look and don’t look back!!), it’s nice to be able to serve up something from the pot. Will make a chicken curry, no set recipe, just chicken breasts, coconut milk, curry paste etc. Nan bread, mango chutney from a jar and basmati rice cooked in…the rice cooker 😉
- Scout night, so always quick n’ easy. And tonight it needs to be super easy because DH and I are out to see Ultravox! 🙂 Dinner will be Danish Biksemad: fried cubed potatoes, beef, onions, topped with a fried egg, served with ketchup or brown HP sauce and cubed beetroot.
- Pork chops, breaded and served with the usual suspects…gratin dauphinois (see my own shortcut recipe right here) and peas.
That’s it – hope you have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! 🙂
2 thoughts on “Menu planning – Thursday 22 April 2010”
I am really not good with menu planning, with babysteps I may also be there some day 😉
Thanks for sharing with us.
Ultravox?!?! No fair! I'm seriously, seriously, seriously thinking about moving to Denmark :-p
Comments are closed.