Here’s what’s on the menu at Casa Copenhagen this week!
- Red lentil coconut dal (pictured above)…so easy and good! My recipe is here
- Homemade lasagne with a spinach salad (we use a variation of this recipe https://www.dk-kogebogen.dk/opskrifter/850/lasagne), using fresh lasagne sheets
- Usually I prepare two at the same time and freeze one lasagne for later use
- luxury Danish biksemad which is basically a hash: diced potato and onion fried up with leftover meat (usually beef or pork), topped with a fried egg and served with pickled beetroot and ketchup or brown sauce. In my luxury version, I use extra vegetables (usually carrot and leek) plus a jar of duck (“rillettes de canard“)
Egg fried rice with leftover ham (from the “Glazed honey mustard ham” we had recently) and veggies from the fridge that need to be used up (red pepper/spinach)
- Danish meatloaf which is called Forloren Hare, served with baby potatoes, creamy sauce and veggies. My recipe is here on the blog https://www.dianedenmark.com/2009/09/danish-meatloaft-forloren-hare-mock.html And, once again, I usually prepare two, we eat one and freeze the other for later use.
- Freezer meal (something straight from the supermarket) or leftover day…you don’t need to cook from scratch every day! 🙂
More easy recipes and crafts below!