I’ve decided to add in an official Leftover Day to the menuplan because every week I seem to be dropping one or two things from the planned menu due to food overload! 😉
Here’s whats cooking (and being reheated) at Casa Copenhagen this week…
- I cooked a whole roast chicken yesterday, so today it’s leftover chicken with wholewheat pasta, spinach and crunchy bacon.
- Nice n’easy because we are all tired on Friday nights 🙂 Baked ham, steamed carrots and gratin dauphinois. (The ham that we should have eaten Monday, but got dropped from the menu.)
- DH and I are out to a rock concert – the Swedish giants of rock, Kent. And those lovely chaps from Stockholm provide lyrics and chords on their website, so we can all sing (in Swedish) and play along, thanks boys! My favourite song is LSD Någon? (Anyone for LSD?). Not quite sure yet if we’re eating out beforehand with friends. I’ll make brown rice, frikadeller (Danish meatballs) and veggie sticks for the kids. And when the babysitter comes, they can all help themselves to icecream 🙂
- Good old fashioned steak salad: spinach, rucola, cherry tomatoes, fried onions and steaks – peppered, fried and finely sliced.
- Forloren Hare, Danish Meatloaf. If you’d like my recipe with imperial measurements it’s right here and the civilised, metric version is here Yummy, yummy, yummy! 🙂
- Scout night for the kids. Leftover meatloaf from Monday. I could go several ways with it…meatloaf chili, meatloaf parmesan – but maybe you have a more exciting idea?
- Brain food…fish! Pieces of cod fillet roasted in the oven together with garlic, potatoes, red onions, tomatoes and green beans. And for dipping, mayonnaise mixed with a bit of mustard, a French classic. Easy and quick. If you’ve never made this before and need a recipe to follow, http://www.recipezaar.com/ have lots for cod. This one for Oven Baked Cod with Roasted Vegetables is very similar to the way I make mine.
Bon appétit – or velbekomme as they say around these parts – and happy Little Friday! 🙂