Welcome back to menu planning and happy 1st September – the first day of autumn!
There’s a real chill in the air these mornings (I was wishing I had gloves with me this morning on my bike ride along the coast…) but, of course, this afternoon it’s been sunny and I’m having to peel off layers. Gah – make up your mind? This is why autumn is my least favourite season…roll on winter! ;D
|Apples are beginning to litter our lawn –
we have two trees: one with eating apples, one with cookers…
But, hey, the season of mists and mellow (apple) fruitfulness means I can go gung-ho with the crockpot… Just lookie here are this week’s menu:
* spaghetti bolognese/pasta med kødsovs/spaghetti with meatsauce (whatever you call it in your corner of the world) – the meat sauce will be made in the crock, pasta cooked while one of the kids set the table
* I’ll add red kidney beans to yesterday’s leftover meat sauce, cook some rice in my (beloved) rice cooker and – hey presto – it will then miraculously appear on the table as…chili con carne! ;D
* biksemad (Danish ‘hash’: chopped onions, cubed potatoes and cubed meat, fried up and topped with a fried egg and cubed beetroot. And ketchup.)
* crockpot chicken goulash (the easy way…chicken legs and veggies dumped in the crock with a packet of Knorr sauce) with a green salad and tagliatelle
* German potato soup – made in the crockpot – with frankfurters and homemade bread (the recipe for the soup will be posted soon on my new blog, the little red file)
|Nothing beats homemade rolls…
apart from homemade rolls with lashings of butter!
* layered summer salad (because it’ll no doubt be quite hot one of the days this week) which I saw on food.com and the picture looked yummy (yes, yes, you guessed right – it was topped with bacon)
* hooray, hooray – I’ve got not one but two nights out this week! So on those nights the kids will be getting Danish open sandwiches or pizza…I couldn’t give a hoot! (Just kidding, bien sûr…)
Bon appétit and have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! 🙂
2 thoughts on “Menu plan – Thursday 1 September 2011”
Diane, I just moved to Denmark and I have been looking for a crockpot. But I have not been able to find one. Maybe they don't sell them here? I am looking forward to reading through some of your recipes as I am trying to get familiar with Danish ingredients and specialties. It's fun!
Hi Jayne and welcome to DK!
I've never seen crockpots for sale here…but if you try amazon.co.uk they are now offering free shipping to Denmark! 😀
I've got lots of Danish recipes here and there'll also be some appearing at my new blog littleredfile.com I also have a'Danish' space blogs.denmark.dk/diane where I post all things Danish.
Thanks for leaving a comment! 😀
Comments are closed.