Welcome back to menu planning and happy 1st September – the first day of autumn!
There’s a real chill in the air these mornings (I was wishing I had gloves with me this morning on my bike ride along the coast…) but, of course, this afternoon it’s been sunny and I’m having to peel off layers. Gah – make up your mind? This is why autumn is my least favourite season…roll on winter! ;D
|Apples are beginning to litter our lawn –
we have two trees: one with eating apples, one with cookers…
But, hey, the season of mists and mellow (apple) fruitfulness means I can go gung-ho with the crockpot… Just lookie here are this week’s menu:
* spaghetti bolognese/pasta med kødsovs/spaghetti with meatsauce (whatever you call it in your corner of the world) – the meat sauce will be made in the crock, pasta cooked while one of the kids set the table
* I’ll add red kidney beans to yesterday’s leftover meat sauce, cook some rice in my (beloved) rice cooker and – hey presto – it will then miraculously appear on the table as…chili con carne! ;D
* biksemad (Danish ‘hash’: chopped onions, cubed potatoes and cubed meat, fried up and topped with a fried egg and cubed beetroot. And ketchup.)
* crockpot chicken goulash (the easy way…chicken legs and veggies dumped in the crock with a packet of Knorr sauce) with a green salad and tagliatelle
* German potato soup – made in the crockpot – with frankfurters and homemade bread (the recipe for the soup will be posted soon on my new blog, the little red file)
|Nothing beats homemade rolls…
apart from homemade rolls with lashings of butter!
* layered summer salad (because it’ll no doubt be quite hot one of the days this week) which I saw on food.com and the picture looked yummy (yes, yes, you guessed right – it was topped with bacon)
* hooray, hooray – I’ve got not one but two nights out this week! So on those nights the kids will be getting Danish open sandwiches or pizza…I couldn’t give a hoot! (Just kidding, bien sûr…)
Bon appétit and have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! 🙂