We’ve had a busy week and our plans changed a lot (nothing new there…) so things from last week’s menu plan got moved around or substituted. Isn’t it great to have a fully-stocked pantry and freezer so you can still avoid the 4pm stress? 😉 Here’s this week’s plan:
- Didn’t make Danish suppe (meatball and dumpling soup) on Tuesday, so doing it tonight. Will serve with bread from the breadmachine and then Eve’s Pudding for dessert. Recipe for the pudding is here. I’m using cooking apples from the apple trees in our back garden – go me for taking the time to store them in the autumn! 😉
- Didn’t make chili yesterday (we had breaded chops, carrots and pearl barley risotto) so chili in the crock today. Rice from the ricecooker.
- Eating with friends – yeehaw! 🙂
- Spelt burgers (frozen) that are baked in the oven, served on wholemeal rolls, lots of veggies and dip, tortilla chips on the side. Kiddies favourite 😉
- Chicken wrapped in puff pastry and baked. Serving with fresh spinach/rucola/tomato salad.
- Scout night has come round again… Pork fajitas, will serve with some Spanish rice.
- Using the crock again – beef paprika goulash. I’ve already fried up the beef strips (they’re in the freezer) will defrost the night before, then put in the crock along with paprika goulash mix in the morning. And mashed potatoes – yum!
Bon appétit and happy Thursday! 🙂