The show was televised in the US last week and I’ve just seen it on youtube. Go take a look! 🙂
There are just a few things I’d like to point out:
- It is true that the Danes really don’t have a lot of ‘stuff’. I’m still working on this one myself with the help, of course, of the Fabulous Flylady… 🙂
- The Danes are not big church goers. Really not. Unless it’s the church service on the morning of 24 December, when the Danes officially celebrate Christmas. On that one day they have to bring in extra chairs to cope with demand… It’s true – believe me – I’ve sat on them! But all Danes pay a ‘church tax’ (which is 0.5 to 1.5%, depending on where you live).
- I’m glad to say that the teeny tiny kids’ bedroom you saw on the film is not representative. But the size of the kitchens (and fridges and freezers) are spot on.
- I know you’re not going to like this one but – yes – Danish women really DO look like that!
- And finally, this didn’t make it into the Oprah film, but I think I heard somewhere that Oprah was blown away by my sweetie friend, Rasmus, and his rock band Magtens Korridorer (currently number 6 in the Danish album chart and number 15 in the Danish singles chart) and said “I love those guys. Can I take them home with me?”. At least, I think that’s what I heard... 😉
OK, it’s lunchtime. And ‘whaddayaknow’? I’m having a sandwich with some of that ryebread that Oprah was snatching out of the mouths of Danish babes…
Greetings from Wonderful Copenhagen, hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday! 🙂