Wowee zowee – the new kitchen is open for business! 🙂 There is a fault somewhere in the wires for the spotlights, lamps and underfloor heating… But who cares after 9 weeks of building work when you finally have a dishwasher, sink (complete with running water), oven, hob and fridge/freezer?
Keeping the menu fairly simple again this week… Mainly because I don’t know exactly when the electricians will be finished tinkering with things, and the day/days they are here I might have to go back to using the little camp kitchen in the basement 🙁
But forewarned is forearmed, n’est-ce pas? So let’s cross our floury fingers 😉
- have been working on putting things back into the new kitchen today, 15 minutes at a time, so just going to pull out the frozen chicken/bacon wrapped in pastry from the freezer (which still needs empyting…) and serve with rice from the ricecooker. Fresh spinach salad on the side.
- making real burgers served in big burger buns with ovenbaked potato wedges on the side and individual bowls of fresh veggie sticks with Goma and Ranch Dressing for dipping
- the Stuffed Pizza Rolls from the fantastic http://www.ourbestbites.com/ site were a huge hit when we made them recently, so they are back by special (kiddie) request. Going to make double this time (filled with mini Danish meatballs) to be on the safe side, and serve with the warm pizza sauce. Still thinking of a dessert to make in my new, huge oven! 😉
- old Danish classic of hot glazed ham, with gratin dauphinois/creamed potatoes and probably sugar snap peas
- will probably be a busy day with builders/painters around, so going to put some Beef Goulash in the crock and serve with suet dumplings. Kids aren’t that keen on dumplings but I don’t give a hoot, cos I do! LOL
- as you all know by now, Tuesday is Scout Night for both DKs – they go at different times, so it’s always an easy-peasy dish. Going to do an old family favourite, my own Hurdy-Gurdy Swedish Sausage Stew. Will serve with a mix of spelt/rice from the ricecooker.
- will have some ham leftover from Sunday night, so will cube it, and use it as a base for Blender Quiche. Will serve with beetroot and maybe small baby potatoes if it’s really cold out.
Bon appétit! 🙂