We said our goodbyes this morning to my Mum and Dad, my DB and DN. The sun was shining in Edinburgh but it was quite frosty – winter is definitely just around the corner.
On the plane back to Copenhagen we chatted about all the things we had done and seen in Edinburgh this week. Here’s some of the things that the DKs thought were different from where we live…
- People walk around with no coats on (sometimes just a t-shirt), even when it’s cold! 😉
- We went to see “Up” at the Edinburgh Omnimax and prebooked and prepaid our tickets, but the seats weren’t allocated. We just sat where there was place.
- Lots of double decker buses (some with tartan interior…) and only one door to get on and off.
- All the schoolkids wear a uniform and have a looong school day.
- Lots of people ring Granny and Grandad’s doorbell – the milkman and neighbours.
- Granny and Grandad give us Cocopops for breakfast – something which delighted DD7 🙂
2 thoughts on “Farewell Auld Reekie”
Aww sounds like you all had a guid auld time ae it!
What's the school day like in Denmark?
Hi Marylin! School starts here at 8am and the kids are finished by 1 or 2 o'clock. Lunch is eaten in the classroom (kids take a packed lunch) at around 11.30 and takes about 30 mins. When school's finished, they either go to the After School Club or go home 🙂
Comments are closed.