Happy first of December! Busy day and busy week ahead – how about you? Remember to make sure that you are making time for breakfast right now… Usually we eat the same thing (porridge or hot rolls) but the past couple of weeks have been planning different things. Really helps to keep our spirits up when it is so darn dark and cold when we get out of bed. And so important in the busy run up to Christmas to have food in your tummy and not be running on empty! Today was waffles (other days we have had gypsy toast, pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon). But enough of breakfast – here’s what’s on the menu this week at Casa Copenhagen!
- Spaghetti Bolognese with a bowl of fresh raw veggies on the side (I make the sauce in my Instant Pot on slow cook function: a jar of Dolmio sauce plus a frozen package of minced beef which has already been browned)
- veggie Thai yellow curry (tinned chickpeas, onion and fresh broccoli) made in my Instant Pot on slow cook function, served with jasmine rice made in my rice cooker
- filled gnocchi (pesto/mozzarella) with a rich tomato sauce, steamed broccoli
- red Thai chicken with green beans and bulgur (was going to make this last week but changed to something different when my son came to visit)
- panko breaded pork chops with potatoes and carrots
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
- beef bourguignon made in my Instant Pot – a variation on my Mum’s Stew (I add half a cup of red wine, mushrooms, thyme, etc) My YouTube video showing how I make the basic version of Mum’s stew is below
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Sweetie!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95