What’s on the menu this week at Casa Copenhagen? We are into vacation season now, and taking things easy with a mix of old family favourites and a few new recipes. Remember when you are menu planning to “K.I.S.S.” – keep it simple, sweetie!
- Build-your-own-burger with oven-baked potato wedges and salad
- Spaghetti Carbonara with wilted spinach, my homemade foccacia (my recipe for foccacia is here) – I had written Carbonara on last week’s menu plan but we had a last minute change and made Spaghetti Bolognese instead. So this week it’s definitely Carbonara!
- Potato gnocchi with mushrooms, garlic, spinach, white wine, cream and parmesan (there’s a good simple recipe for that here https://simplyhomecooked.com/creamy-mushroom-gnocchi/ )
- Pad See Ew – Thai Fried rice noodles with pork tenderloin and broccoli (from the Danish book Foodfanatic Thai by Nadia Mathiasen – recipe is here https://www.foodfanatic.dk/stegte-nudler-med-svinekoed-og-asiatisk-broccoli
- Green lentil salad (with feta, tomato, cucumber, lemon/mustard/honey dressing) OR we might go a different route with a Baked Feta Salad with Lentils https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/mango-chutney-baked-feta-lentils Will depend on how we feel on the day!
- leftovers or out to dinner/takeaway
- and, if our plans change (which they invariably do…) smørrebrød, which is open-faced Danish rye bread with various toppings!
PS: Looking for more easy menu planning inspiration? I have plenty of easy recipes (and crafts!) on my YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95