Beginning to feel the Christmas excitement now – we’ve started some festive baking and I’ve been with friends to an exhibition of Danish Christmas decorations. But I don’t feel that I can really let it rip until Saturday comes (1st December)!
|Delicate paper Christmas decorations by Danish designer Jette Frölich|
Here’s what’s for dinner at Casa ‘Almost-Christmas’ Copenhagen this week:
* crockpot beef in beer stew – I shared the recipeon Tuesday
* spaghetti bolognese/pasta med kødsovs/spaghetti with meat sauce – because DS12 has just had two teeth pulled – on opposite sides of his mouth – and needs easy food! :o)
*suppe (Danish carrot, meatball and dumpling soup) with toasted ryebread
* leftover spaghetti bolognese, jazzed up with extra veggies, sprinkled with cheese and breadcrumbs and baked in the oven, homemade carrot breadrolls on the side
* out to a school Christmas event (the menu is chili con carne and æbleskiver Danish Christmas donuts) – no cooking or washing up for me – yay! 😀
* chicken parmesan (chick breasts dipped in egg and breadcrumbs and fried, then finished off in the oven on top of a bed of tomato sauce) with rice and salad
* I have some cod fillets in the freezer – will probably wrap them in bacon and roast them in the oven, serve with a spinach salad and some rösti potato
|DS12 has made brownies for his School Christmas Lunch…|
That’s it – bon appétit!
Have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday!