My, my, where does the time go? Seems like it was just yesterday that I was cleaning out the fridge and making a menu plan… (Not helped by the fact that it is dark here by 4pm and I just want to lay down tools for the day and curl up in front of the fire!)
|DS12 and DD10 need their bike lights on both morning and afternoon|
But – even though I really don’t enjoy doing it – menu planning does save my sanity – so here’s what’s on the menu this week at Casa Copenhagen:
* pork sausages with pasta in a creamy sauce with onion and sweetcorn
* our version of Mexican enchiladas – tortillas filled with spicy minced beef, topped with tomato sauce and cheddar cheese and baked in the oven. Will sprinkle over chopped cucumber and grated carrot just before serving for extra colour and veggies.
* Thai chicken (chicken with red curry, coconut milk, sugarsnap peas) served with rice made in my (beloved) ricecooker and bread made in my (also beloved) bread machine! 🙂
* chili con carne made in the crockpot, served with leftover rice, tortilla chips, grated cheddar cheese, guacamole, sour cream and thin slices of fresh red pepper. Yum!
|Just dump the ingredients in, switch on and go!
* out to a yearly school dinner event in DS12’s class. The kids cook the food, set the tables and work behind the bar while the parents…um, supervise and drink a glass of wine! Then all the families sit down and enjoy a great dinner – always a cosy evening :o)
* I am out to a friend’s birthday party (‘girls’ only) – hooray! So DH and the kids are fending for themselves. Pizza and salad, no doubt?
* Leftover night (if there are any leftovers), otherwise it will be something easy like ‘breakfast for dinner’ or pasta and Swedish meatballs with salad.
That’s it – bon appétit!
Have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday!