The good weather has been dragging it’s heels, so we’ve only eaten dinner outside in the garden three times this spring – boo, hiss!
Here’s what we’re eating at Casa Copenhagen this week:
* Breaded pork chops with baby potatoes, sweetcorn and rucola salad
* Ikea meatballs (yum yum) cooked in the oven on a bed of jarred tomato sauce, served with jasmine rice cooked in my ricecooker. This is one of my ‘go to’ meals when I need to get food on the table with only 5 minutes prep and 20 mins cooking time.
* Leftover night: wholemeal pasta with chopped leftover pork chop and lots of veggies
* Barbecue spare ribs (put the ribs in the crockpot all day on low, transfer to the oven, cover with barbecue sauce and bake for about 45 minutes) with spidskål (Danish spring ‘pointy’ cabbage) coleslaw and baked potatoes
|The ribs have been cooked in the crock and are ready for the oven…|
* Stir fried lamb (cubed shoulder, tossed in lots of indian spices) served with a salad: green beans/rucola/cranberry/goat cheese/mustard+honey dressing
* Roast beef (I flash fry it on all sides, then wrap it tightly in foil, cover it with a cloth and leave it to sit for about 30 minutes) with salted potatoes and a salad: radish/blanched cauliflower/fresh pea salad
* Burgers: wholemeal buns with crispy chicken fillets, cherry tomatoes, red pepper and cucumber sticks
Hope you have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! 🙂