I was reading one of my umpteen Nigella cookbooks at the weekend and – as always happens with Nigella books – I thought, “I want to make that! And that! And that!”. So that’s basically how this week’s menu evolved! 🙂
Total cost of my grocery shop was Danish kr. 1,482 (roughly £165 or US $260). Much higher than usual. But, hey, it also includes everything we need for DD’s birthday party. (Not too bad considering we’re catering for 21 hungry classmates…)
Here’s our menu for this week, with the Nigella recipes in italics:
* Pan fried duck breasts with hot red cabbage and White Bean Mash
* Flash fried pork chops with Sesame Peanut Noodles
|Sesame peanut noodles|
* Pasta med kødsovs/spaghetti bolognese/spaghetti with meat sauce and banana splits for dessert
* Maple Chicken ‘n’ Ribs (we’re only making spare ribs and will cook them in the crockpot) with either baked potatoes or rice
* Osso buco made in the crockpot and served with herby couscous, Chocolate Croissants for dessert
|Carrots and browned osso buco going in the crock|
* Croque Monsieur Bake – which DS12 will make for us – can’t wait to try it as it sounds so easy and yummy!
* Leftover spaghetti bolognese jazzed up – on the night that I’m out to a girly birthday party and DH is fending for himself and the kids ;D
Have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! 🙂
1 thought on “Menu plan – Thursday 15 March 2012”
I love watching Nigella's show. She makes everything look luscious 🙂
Comments are closed.