Happy Danish Election Day! But more on that later… Jings, it’s chilly these mornings – especially when my friend and I are out for our skinny dip in the Danish sea…water temp 14c or 58f!
|Yesterday we counted five jellyfish…makes you extra careful getting in and out of the water ;D|
But – on the other hand – it’s now perfectly legit to have candles burning morning, afternoon and evening! And eat lots of warming, comfort food… Here’s this week’s menu at Casa Copenhagen:
* wholemeal pita pockets with spinach and ham, baked potato wedges on the side
* crockpot lasagne (I’ll layer in any leftover fresh spinach from yesterday) – I make a variation of Krista’s recipe
* Pasta Beef Satay (which has become a regular here) from Leanne Ely’s “Saving Dinner” book
* Today – on Danish Election Day – we’re having “Valgflæsk” (Loft promises to voters…). The recipe is here
|Eek! You wouldn’t want to meet these election poster mugshots
on a dark and stormy night! ;D
* my Mum’s Minestrone soup (which I make in the crockpot) with homemade wholemeal bread
* crockpot chicken curry (put chicken pieces in the crock together with a can of coconut milk, curry paste and veggies – add a squirt of lime juice at the end) and jasmine rice (made in my beloved ricecooker)
* leftover crock lasagne, salad and a slice of cake for dessert (which will no doubt be a recipe from my new blog…my little red file
And Happy Danish Election Day! Who knows…maybe Denmark is going to get it’s first ever female Prime Minister? 🙂
1 thought on “Menu plan – Thursday 15 September 2011”
Yes, it has taken a definite turn to Fall here–very chilly today! Time for comfort food. It all sounds yummy 🙂
Comments are closed.