We’re in the run up to the school winter week (vinterferie) and really looking forward to not having to jump out of bed when it’s still dark 🙂 DH is away travelling for part of this week, so the kids have firmly set their stamp on the menu…
* Homemade pepperoni pizza and veggie sticks, prepared for us by DS11 (maybe we should start calling him Little Chef?)
* Biksemad which is basically Danish ‘hash’: chopped onions, cubed potatoes and cubed meat, fried up and topped with a fried egg and cubed beetroot. And plenty of ketchup.
* Pasta med kødsovs/spag bog/spaghetti with meatsauce – whatever you like to call it in your corner of the world. Always hits the spot! 🙂 Green spinach salad on the side.
* Stegt flæsk med persillesovs. Mmm, a big family favourite and a Danish classic. Fried belly pork (til it’s super, super crisp) served with homemade parsley sauce and baby potatoes. And steamed carrots or panfried cabbage, depending on my mood that day.
* Wholemeal pasta shells with a bit of cream, shredded chicken and sugarsnap peas.
* Madder – which sounds pretty crazy – but is in fact plain old Danish open sandwiches 🙂
I won’t be blogging next week as we’ve Scottish family here with us for the week. But the menu includes roast chicken, glazed ham, Danish sausages, several cakes (including our Mazarinkage, a marcipan cake) and no doubt lots of yummy snacks like nachos…
Have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! 🙂