Did I mention how snowy and cold it is here? It’s been snowing since last week, which makes for a very pretty view from my kitchen door…
but makes it very c-c-cold for running (which I did this morning, go me!) when the temperature outside is minus 2 degrees celcius (28f?) and everything which doesn’t move fast enough turns to ice!
Hot food required…here’s what we’re eating to keep us cosy 🙂
* Oksekød i fad (‘Beef in a bowl’) – here it is, just going in to a hot oven. Recipe here!
* Greek Pasta Satay from the Saving Dinner book. Super fast, uses store cupboard ingredients, doesn’t look like much but is yummy!
* Chicken Parmesan, also from the Saving Dinner book – serving with ricecooker rice and savoy cabbage.
* Danish meatball and dumpling soup. Then DH is doing his once-a-year-stint-in-the-kitchen and making ‘Dad’s Danish Christmas donuts’ for the freezer and some for dessert! 😀 Recipe for those are here!
* Family favourite of breaded pork chops, will serve with green beans
* Biksemad (Danish ‘hash’)
* Pasta with ‘clean out the fridge’ veggies and leftover meat 😉
Bon appétit and cheers!