It’s a long holiday weekend here in Denmark for Kristi Himmel Fart (which translates directly as Christ’s Heaven Flight) or Ascension, as we so boringly call it in English 😉
- DH had to work late yesterday, so we moved the food forward to today…breaded pork chops, gratin dauphinois (my shortcut recipe is right here) and baby peas
- DH’s Danish brother and sis-in-law are coming to stay. Smoked salmon on hot sliced potato with dill dressing (chop up fresh dill and mix with creme fraîche and lemon juice), prawns and my cold-risen bread. Yes, a repeat of the starter I made for the Running Dinner last week. Because it was delicious! Main course is lamb steaks (just sear in frying pan and pop in oven), overnight salad and couscous. Dessert…hmm, don’t know yet!
- Ribbensteg (a pork roast which has crunchy crackling on the top), boiled new potatoes, gravy and cauliflower.
- Wholemeal pasta with real chunky bacon and green beans. Dessert will be made by DD8 and she’s chosen to make Danish fruit salad. Chopped fruit – we’re using green seedless grapes, bananas and apple – in a vanilla cream sauce. Topped just before serving with crushed makroner (Danish biscuits, a cross between a macaroon and a meringue). Yum! 🙂
- School dinner club for DD8 at our house – 3 girls and 2 boys from her class. The kids will be making their own food – Mexican tortilla triangles, salad and plenty of veggie sticks. Dessert is banana splits: banana, vanilla icecream, waffle biscuits, chocolate sauce and whipped cream 🙂
- Rice mixed with spelt (cooked in my ricecooker), chicken fillets and carrots.
- DD8 starts swimming lessons tonight and DS10 is out at school dinner club. DH will be working late so DD8 and I are out to dinner, yay! 🙂
Bon appétit and hope you have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! 🙂
2 thoughts on “Menu planning Thursday – 13 May 2010”
"Fart" means a whole different thing over here. LOL
But Happy Kristi Himmel Fart! lol
Thanks, Elisa! Did you see my previous post about Danish elevator buttons? ;D
Comments are closed.