Only one more school packed lunch to make…the Easter holidays are in sight – yeehaw!
- Danish Biksemad, which got dropped from yesterday’s menu. What’s that, you ask? A kind of hash: fried cubed potatoes, beef, onions, topped with a fried egg, served with ketchup or brown HP sauce and cubed beetroot. One of the kids’ (and DH’s) favourites. And the potato/onion/beef mix comes in a bag from the freezer – easy! 😉
- DBIL (Dear-Brother-In-Law) is coming to watch the kids while DH and I are out rocking to Magtens Korridorer (see Monday’s blogpost). We’ll give DBIL dinner before we go 😉 I’m making roast lamb with creamy, tomato sauce. Green beans with sugar and bacon – recipe from Jenny’s blog. Thanks, Jenny, for the idea – may not be healthy, but they taste darn good! 😉 And gratin dauphinois – my own, quick n’ easy shortcut recipe is on the blog right here. And very good it is too! 😉
- And for dessert – shop-bought strawberry/chocolate/marcipan cake for dessert from http://www.lagkagehuset.dk/ Yum, yum and yum…
- It’s the final of Danish X-Factor on the telly tonight. Chicken in puff pastry, smashed cauliflower (idea via Leanne Ely, a.k.a. The Dinner Diva from http://www.savingdinner.com/ And a big, green salad.
- Will probably make Crab Quiche (a variation on the basic quiche lorraine using tinned crab, cheese, eggs and spring onions) and more salad.
- The first dish that DH ever made for me, Oksekød i Fad. Or in English, ‘Beef in a Bowl’! A Danish variation on shepherd’s pie which uses truckloads of ketchup. Terribly glamorous! 😉 If you’d like to try it out, hubby’s recipe is here.
- Using my crockpot today and will do a whole chicken or pork chops in it, depending on my mood. Whatever I make will be served with wholemeal pasta.
- Quesadillas or tortilla wraps using yesterday’s leftover chicken or chops. Veggie sticks on the side: cucumber, red pepper and carrot.
Spring is here! Have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! 🙂
1 thought on “Menu planning Thursday – 25 March 2010”
Oooh flowers! Can't wait to see what they look like when they bloom 😀
Comments are closed.