Happy Tuesday from warm and sunny Copenhagen! The daily focus for today is Plan and Play (check what’s ahead in the diary, pay bills, plan for some fun). And this is the day I plan our weekly menu – we don’t always stick to it but it’s nice to have a safety net and stops us from resorting to expensive take away… Here’s this week’s menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- veggie chili sin carne (this week made with aubergine, black beans and red peppers) with crème fraîche, grated cheese, salsa, tortilla chips and plenty of coriander for me!
- smoked salmon salad (rucola, fresh peas, new potatoes and grated horseradish)
- spaghetti carbonara – so nice and easy when the weather is hot and my energy is low!
- we’re going to the cinema this week (first time since we went into Lockdown last year) and will grab a bite to eat afterwards = no cooking, hooray!
- potato gnocchi in a creamy sauce with spinach, garlic and mushrooms
- our son is coming for dinner and we’ll have one of his favourites: steaks with béarnaise sauce. Will serve with new potatoes and carrots.
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- …and if you are needing some comfort food – or food to keep you warm – try my Mum’s beef stew. Always a hit! Here’s how to make it…
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95