I ‘planned’ in a couple of days with leftovers last week and it worked really well. No complaints and no food went to waste…hooray! So here we go again with food recycling 🙂
- Hanging up my apron tonight because DD7 is going to School Dinner Club at a classmate’s house and DS10 and I are going to see Avatar 🙂 DH will be enjoying the leftovers of my yummy Forloren Hare (Danish meatloaf).
- We’re throwing a party for DD7 (soon to be DD8…) classmates today. 14 girls. Yikes! 😉 So dinner is something nice and easy. Spaghetti bolognese, pasta med kødsovs (as it’s called here), pasta with meatsauce. Leftover birthday cake for dessert 🙂
- We’re invited to a special lunch/brunch today, so tonight we’ll probably have leftover spaghetti bolognese from Friday with salad. Or [shock horror!] some frozen pizza I have stashed away for emergencies! 😉
- The steak salad I had planned for last weekend didn’t happen, so it’s on this week’s menu again. Spinach, rucola, cherry tomatoes, fried onions and beef steaks – peppered, fried and finely sliced.
- Using my crockpot today and will be making a mild chicken curry (will use a bit extra chicken, so I’m sure to have ‘leftovers’ for Wednesday). Will serve with basmati rice (with cardamom pods added) made in my ricecooker and warmed nan breads.
- Scout night for the kids, at different times during the evening. Biksemad. Which is a kind of Danish hash: cubed potatoes fried with onions and cubed pieces of beef. Serve with a fried egg on top, ketchup and cubed beetroot. The kids love it! 🙂
- Will chop the leftover curried chicken from Monday and mix it with mango chutney and mayonnaise (a cheat’s version of Coronation Chicken) and serve wrapped up in tortillas with salad or veggie sticks on the side. If there isn’t much chicken left to make a decent main course, I’ll pad out the meal with a dessert…
Hope you have a thrilling Thursday! 🙂