Happy Tuesday from Copenhagen! It’s “Plan and Play” time in Flylady Land and I’ve finished making my menu plan. Remember to check your fridge, freezer and pantry to see what can be used – let’s save some money and stress! Here’s what we’re eating this week at Casa Copenhagen…plus a wee heads up that it’s International Waffle Day on 25 March (this Thursday)!
- Instant Pot Risotto – so simple on a busy day! I fry up an onion and some garlic, add about 300 grammes of Arborio rice and 850 mls of hot stock. (Sometimes I add a half cup of white wine and 750 mls of stock.) Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes, allow to stand for a couple of minutes and then do a quick pressure release. At that point I stir in fresh herbs and any ingredients which just need to be warmed through: spinach, sliced sugar snap peas, asparagus, fresh/frozen peas, leftover cooked chicken or ham, fried bacon. Serve with plenty of parmesan cheese!
- Black bean burritos with salad, salsa, crème fraîche and grated Scottish cheddar cheese
- a quick stir fry of Mongolian Beef (this recipe is similar to one we use) with rice made in my beloved rice cooked and steamed broccoli (steamed on top of the rice)
- on Thursday – 25 March – it’s “Waffle Day” so we’ll be having Breakfast for Dinner with plenty of waffles! We usually do some kind of eggs (scrambled or fried), bacon or sausages, pancakes or waffles, cheese, fresh fruit or veggies and orange juice to drink
- Cheesy Baked Gnocchi – with tomato, ricotta and spinach (easy recipe here)
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings), or we might get a takeaway
- and last but not least, my hubby’s signature dish…Creamy Baked Salmon using just four ingredients! We will be serving it with baby potatoes but you can serve it with rice or noodles. Always a hit and I know many of you make it and love it too. Recipe below…
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! And don’t forget to clean up as you go along, and “close” the kitchen when you have finished eating dinner…
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95