My sweetie best friend H held a girly birthday dinner bash last night. After the first course, she unwrapped her gifts one by one – as is the way in Denmark. [Note to non-Danes: when you go to any type of party, whether in a private home or function hall, there is an assigned ‘gift table’ called et gavebord where you place your parcel!]
After the main course, as has become our little tradition, we had a quiz. (I always make up a song/speech for the birthday girl or a quiz.) I don’t know about you but I’ve always loved quizzes. Which I fear goes hand in hand with the fact that (as I like to believe…) I’m always right! And, though not be terribly ambitious, I am fiendishly competitive! 😉
Here’s the quiz I made for H’s birthday dinner yesterday. It’s a short, personal one and took me about half an hour to put together. I put in a few trick answers and even her sister didn’t get all the answers right – ha! 😉
Feel free to use the idea for your next get together. Just remember to take plenty of paper and pens with you! 🙂
- What was the name of H’s first pony (or first pet)? [multiple choice answer]
- Where did H meet her husband? [multiple choice answer]
- Last year H and I ran a 5k race in Copenhagen, which one? [multiple choice answer]
- H has lived in various European cities. Where has she NOT lived? [multiple choice answer]
- What is the name of H’s Dad? And H’s Mum’s dog?!
- H has her birthday in February. In which months were her two daughters born?
- H has had several jobs. Including what? [multiple choice answer]
- What is H’s favourite type of chocolate? Milk, dark or white?
- If you looked in H’s handbag right now, which brand of lipstick would you find? [multiple choice answer]
- H is a party-smoker. What brand? [multiple choice answer]
Hope you have an intriguing Saturday! 🙂