Good morning from rather wet Copenhagen – actually rather nice for the garden to get a good soaking! It’s Tuesday (Flylady “plan and play” day) so we are taking 10 or 15 minutes to do some “desk work”. Pay a bill, send a birthday card, check your diary? And remember to plan for some “play” with friends and family – we all need something to look forward to! (I explain the Flylady Daily Focus in this video.) This is also the day I plan our menu – here’s what we’re eating this week at Casa Copenhagen!
- our son is staying with us for a few days and doing a lot of the cooking (I have taught him well! LOL!). He’ll be making his current favourite, Jambalaya (there is a basic recipe here on the BBC Good Food website)
- A variation on Martha Stewart’s famous “one pot pasta” (raw pasta, stock, tomatoes, onions, herbs, etc, are cooked together in a pot 10 minutes), a great standby recipe for when you really don’t have the time or energy to cook! Very basic but fills your tummy! The version we made included chopped chorizo sausage and cubed courgette, a couple of anchovies would be a great addition, to really boost the flavour.
- flash fried warm steak salad with oven baked potato wedges and béarnaise sauce
- spicy pork chops with new potatoes, carrots and mushrooms
- it’s another long holiday weekend here (for “Kristi Himmelfart” = Ascension) and I thought, for a change, I would make Greek moussaka, something I enjoy eating but haven’t cooked for years! (I’m using a shortcut Danish recipe)
- on my weekly menu are a batch of my homemade overnight rolls (I stir up a batch on Friday evening for the weekend)
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see my Instant Pot recipe here) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and finally, another great last-minute-don’t-have-time-to-cook recipe, using squash/courgette/zucchini which is very cheap right now! See my video below….
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my full recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop. Want help with your Flylady Routines? See my Flylady Refresher Course!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane