And…just like that, it’s the first of February! Happy Tuesday – time to do a spot of planning. Look ahead at what’s coming up in the diary, plan some fun for yourself/the family and, last but not least, make a menu plan! Here’s what’s on the menu this week at Casa Copenhagen. And yes, we are still working through what we have in our freezer/pantry this month! Using up what we already have (we had bought extra supplies for Christmas) before I buy more…
- Tarteletter (savoury pastry cases) – a dish we often eat at Christmas – filled with a chicken/mushroom/parsely sauce, served with potatoes and pickled beetroot
- pork chops with couscous (I’ll add herbs, red pepper, onion, courgette, and a handful of raisins, etc to the couscous)
- sausages with homemade Austrian Potato Salad (this recipe is similar to the one I make) and a grated carrot salad
- I have quite a lot of minced beef in the freezer so one day this week will be Korean Beef Bowls (recipe from Damn Delicious) with broccoli
- Croque Madame: a fried cheese and ham sandwich topped with an egg, served with salad
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and an old family favourite/a Danish classic, which can be on the table within 20 minutes, woo hoo! Boller i karry = Danish meatballs in an apple/curry sauce, served with rice – here’s my recipe!
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop. And remember when you’re planning your menu this week to plan a little bit of fun for yourself and your family! We all need something to look forward to!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95