Happy Tuesday! It’s the day I plan my menu…and I also make sure to plan some “play”. We all need something to look forward to and, if I don’t get some “in person” social connection during these long dark weeks of autumn and winter, my mood slides downhill fast. So I’m reaching out to a couple of friends today, and we shall find a date in our diaries to connect before Christmas. But back to the food…here’s what’s on the menu this week at Casa Copenhagen!
- Spanish tortilla (potato omelette) with chorizo sausage and salad
- an old favourite, Korean Bibimbap (I make a variation of this recipe), always tasty!
- homemade Chicken Parmesan (breaded chicken fillets with parmesan, baked in the oven on a bed of tomato sauce) with tagliatelle and spinach
- It’s Mortens Aften on 10 November so we shall be having the traditional Danish meal of duck (for us: confit de canard from a tin) with red cabbage, potatoes and gravy. Yum!
- homemade build-your-own-beef-burgers with oven baked potato wedges and salad
- roast pork with baby potatoes and steamed buttered carrots
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese (I tried this out a few weeks ago and it worked really well – everything is cooked at the same time, you switch on the pot and walk away – simple!), it’s a brilliant way to cook a meal for two
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and the first dish that my hubby cooked for me, when we were dating…Beef in a Bowl! Definitely not one to serve for guests but a great standby, and kids love it!
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! And remember when you’re planning your menu this week to plan a little bit of fun for yourself and your family!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95