Happy Tuesday from wonderful Copenhagen where we had torrential rain during the night (the kind that wakes you up) but we are currently sunny! Not going to beat around the bush (places to go, people to see!) so here’s this week’s menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- didn’t make Danish meatball, dumpling and carrot soup last week as our plans changed, so that’s been put forward to this week’s menu (in Denmark the dumplings/meatballs come frozen in bags)
- vegetable gyoza served with fried rice and Szechuan garlic green beans
- Massaman curry – a firm favourite and takes 5 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to cook! Mae Ploy have a cute video on YouTube with instructions
- going to try making this Aussie Meat Pie which sounds very similar to a Scottish meat pie! Recipe link (from an Australian website) is here
- gnocchi with mushrooms, white wine, garlic, spinach, cream and parmesan (great recipe link here)
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- …and an old, old, favourite – Swedish Sausage Stew – I can make it with my eyes closed! My YouTube video is below
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Hope you have a wonderful day and don’t forgot to leave the kitchen tidy when you leave it!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95