Happy Wednesday! Do you menu plan? Love it or hate it, it’s the best way to avoid stress come dinner time plus it saves us so much money on takeaways and impulse buys! Here’s this week’s menu at Casa Copenhagen for me and hubby (we are now Empty Nesters) – the weather is getting decidedly colder in the mornings and evenings so comfort food is beginning to make a reappearance!
- Danish meatball, dumpling and carrot soup (or suppe as it is called here in Denmark) with crusty bread
- beef carpaccio (from the supermarket deli counter) with shavings of parmesan, mustard/mayo, a rucola/tomato salad and oven french fries
- pork Panang curry (a mild red Thai curry) with basmati rice made in my (beloved!) rice cooker
- didn’t make spaghetti carbonara last week, so it’s back on the menu for this week!
- tarteletter (a Danish classic), small tart cases filled with a homemade chicken, carrot and onion creamy sauce, potatoes and salad
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- …and our son is coming round for dinner this week and I’ll be making one of his favourites: my Mum’s Scottish beef stew – a one pot dish which is so easy to do in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker!
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Hope you have a wonderful day and don’t forgot to leave the kitchen tidy when you leave it!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95